Severn Trent Build Close To Agreement

We suggest that you contact us to discuss, as you may have to apply, either to build near the sewers or to request a diversion. For more information on building public sewers, please visit this page on the Severn Trent Water website It is our duty to get the sewers in our area and keep them safe for you and future generations. It is a job that is always a top priority. Without our advice and planning permission, your home could be damaged by our sewers, causing flooding and even collapsing. It can also make selling your home more difficult than you think. By keeping the loop and going through the right application channels, not only will protect the sewers, it will also keep your home safe. Prevent sewers from collapsing. The additional weight of a new building over a canal could result in sewer collapse, which could result in damage to new building construction, uninterrupted drainage of other lands, and flooding of wastewater. In these cases, the sewers need to be repaired quickly, which may involve dismantling the building.

While there may be an adoption agreement, the agreement requires the proponent to enter into the agreement and ensure that sewers are accepted. The money is paid into a holding account and interest is paid at a rate set by OFWAT. The bond is released in accordance with the terms of the legal agreement. The inspection of the City Council building should discuss with us the proposals that are within 3 meters around the public sewers. The transmission of private pipes has generally been beneficial to both the public and water companies. It relieved public opinion of the responsibility for sewers and entrusted them exclusively to the water companies, which were much better equipped for the maintenance of the sewerage system. While confusion persists on issues such as sewer construction, there is no doubt that homeowners are ultimately better protected than before the installation. The site of many public sewers laid after 1937 is known severn Trent Water. Warwick Borough Council has a number of maps that can be posted by anyone wishing to check if a canal is close to their property. Just come to the Riverside House reception to ask for the channel cards for your address. Unfortunately, for old sewers (installed before 1937) and for sewers introduced in 2011, it is not always known where they are going.

Some of these older sewers are shown on public sewer maps, but many are not. This can be a problem if it comes to expansion, as sewers can only be found during construction. If a public canal is discovered during construction, a request must be made to Severn Trent Water if you are building above or within 3 meters. For all development or extension applications, we will review the channel cards when processing the application. If we find a channel nearby, we will let you know as soon as possible. The exact timing of the Section 104 application for agreement cannot be specified, as we will not reach an agreement until the design of the acceptable system is agreed upon. The time required to evaluate a bid depends on the quality of the technical submission. If you are able to meet all the requirements safely, your project will be automatically approved (with limited exceptions). This only applies to construction of a single piece of land with pipes 150 mm in diameter or less. For all that is larger, you must complete a formal application form. You may not be able to see them, but our pipes need to be monitored if you build about them or near them.

Construction work can often affect our sewers and affect the service we provide.